Tuesday 11 January 2011

Journey PT 1

PAUSEE

Break. How is it all going?

Well. It's about 6 days till deadline. Today was pretty much a full sleepless night. I'm doing a heck of alot of work. It's not really so much the fact that the others are being lazy I think, maybe I'm just not a great leader / manager. I'm not going to let the team suffer though, I'm going to try and get everything done, even if it means missing out on my solo project because I would hate for my actions to dramatically impact the grading of our project, which obviously affects everyone within our group.







Once I had pretty much finished the basic modelling of all these buildings, the next step was to apply the frames. By frames, I mean extrusion to create the wood textures as seen on the reference buildings below. Incase you haven't gathered by now, all of these houses are going to be based on the wood and paint housing. White paint, dark stained wood as framing, with extrusions.
After the first house was pretty much finished, (in simple form of course) I began to move onto the other houses, in no particular fashion. Making each house a slight variation from the one proceeding it. Of course, for animation purposes, it's all about what the camera sees. At no point in this story will the audience think that they have seen the same image twice. Why? Because they're made to look different, and shown from different angles. Clever animation, something that almost ALL animators do.

Film exposés will do this for you. :P
As I said before, and as the image below suggests, I'm making currently quite a few houses. In order to do this, I duplicated my bases, made minor adjustments such as scale and so forth. As you can also see from the image at the end that it also has a roof and a chimney. Now, each of these houses are built like this for a reason. At this stage we haven't decided what house is going to be used for the main house, of which the rat is going to climb up. In preparation for this, I'm making sure that almost all of my buildings can be mounted onto a square base.

OF course, all of this is going to have to be finalised before the texturing is applied. Otherwise, something bad could happen. :D
This image is kind of in the wrong place, but this is another house model I had made, based on the research that we had done, and the images from which Sarah and Lily took. Square base, extruded upwards, extruded outwards to create the roof. Added wood pillars at the front of the house for support. This is purely down to the fact that houses we're built like this from the 1350's+.
Right. I started with a very basic, square plane. I based this model, as well as what the other members should be doing, on a scale of 10 by 9 metres. Which is adequate for a smallish house in that era. Generally, houses would be quite a bit bigger than this, but that's reserved for the other houses. :p


Right. I've set everyone individual tasks. As of now, the first step is for everyone to start modelling a house. Meanwhile everyone gets on with that, I'll begin with modelling my house as well. I plan on doing a couple houses for this project, as there are 6 of us, each of us modelling one house just isn't going to cut it. 8 Days to go, 2 projects to complete. Gosh, we're going to need quite a few days for rendering as well, as although my machine is a complete beast, I'm expecting to squeeze beast textures and models into this animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment